I was kindly nominated for my first blogging award! I am so excited to be nominated for the Liebster Award, and can only thank the sweet Mariet from Practicing Normal. She is an awesome mom of 5, who writes beautifully all about her life and children. Make sure to check out her blog, you’ll love it! I had never heard of the Leibster Award until I was nominated, so I did a little research. “Liebster” is actually a German term, and has several meanings, including “sweetest,” “dearest,” and “lovely.” I am in love with this award, because it gives your readers a chance to learn a little about you, and you get to spread the word about other great new blogs!
So, here are the rules:
1. Acknowledge and thank the blog who nominated you.
2. Look for an award image that you like, and post it on your blog.
3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the person/blog who nominated you.
4. List 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 11 blogs with under 200 followers to receive the award.
6. Let the bloggers know that you nominated them.
7. Give them 11 questions to answer.
So here goes….
1. If you were writing a book about your life, where would you begin the story?
I would probably begin with the early part of my childhood. We moved to Florida from Indiana when I was three years old, and I have some of the best memories growing up by the beach.
2. What made you decide to start a blog?
I have always enjoyed writing and photography. I recently became a stay-at-home mom, so I am excited to document our adventures!
3. Coffee or tea and why?
I like coffee in the mornings, and green tea in the afternoon. I have developed a bad habit of NEEDING coffee when I first wake up in the mornings. Coffee + Honey + Milk = Happy Mama.
4. How has technology changed your world?
Technology has changed my world immensely. Technology was not as prominent in my life when I was a child, and I feel like I have been dumbed down a bit as technology advances. It’s horrible, but I forget things and always have to Google them! Maybe it’s mommy brain, but I feel like I have become more reliant on technology over the years.
5. What is the strangest present you have ever received?
I had to think about this one for a minute, but without doubt it was owl pellets. Yes, owl vomit! As children I always got the weirdest gifts for Birthdays and Christmas from our parents. I was homeschooled and our parents used every opportunity they could to teach us something new. So we got to dissect owl pellets. It actually turned out to be really educational and interesting seeing what kinds of animals the owls had eaten.
6. Share your favourite quote.
“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” -Gandhi
7. Do your family and friends follow your blog?
My blog is still very new, so I have not given anyone the URL to follow. I am still learning and tweaking things, but once I am comfortable I would love to share it with close family and friends. 8. What goal do you have for your blog for 2015? I have several goals: Post at least once a week, change to a custom domain, and get at least 500 followers by the end of 2015.
9. What is your special talent?
Hmm…. One thing I have always loved is painting. I can’t say I’m great at it, but it’s something I have always enjoyed doing.
10. Do you have siblings and how many?
I have a younger sister. We are complete opposites in every way possible, but I don’t know what I would ever do without her.
11. What would be the first thing you would definitely put on your bucket list?
Raise my children to be caring, intelligent, and successful adults.
11 Random Facts About Myself:
1. I married my high school sweetheart.
2. I love gardening, but cannot stand the taste of raw tomatoes.
3. I was a vegetarian for 8 years. I had terrible cravings for steak and canned tuna during my first pregnancy. That was where the eight years ended.
4. I was homeschooled for grades 1-8.
5. I have never been to another Country, but I would absolutely love to visit New Zealand some day.
6. I have horrible anxiety about spending money. I am not fun to go shopping with, because I will usually walk out of the store with nothing.
7. I recently took up running. I plan to run a 5K this spring. Hubby says he is going to do the 5K with me, without preparing/training at all. I’m going to leave his butt in the dust, he just doesn’t know it yet 😉
8. If I ever had a random $3000 sitting around to spend on myself, I would attend Teacher Training at Pranayoga Institute of Yoga and Holistic Health.
9. My first car was a 1989 BMW 325i convertible. The roof leaked horribly, so when it rained I had to wear a hood over my head while driving!
10. I had many unusual pets as a child, including a Hercules beetle.
11. One of my favorite things to do with my family is take long bike rides in the summer.
I chose to nominate these lovely bloggers:
Thee Mommy Diaries
The Early Mom
A Splendid Messy Life
Melanie Meditates Nessa’s World
The Lolo Chronicles
Making A Life
There Is A Season
Here are 11 questions for my nominees:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What is your favorite hobby (aside from blogging)?
3. What is your favorite kind of flower and why?
4. Can you roller skate?
5. What is your favorite Holiday?
6. What are your personal goals for 2015?
7. Your house is on fire, and you can grab 2 things (not counting pets or family members), what would you grab?
8. Tell me about your favorite vacation?
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
10. What is your favorite TV show?
11. What do you think is the best blog post you have written? Link please!
I can’t wait to have some fun with all of you and read your posts!