You Know You’re a Crunchy Mom When…
So, you hear that term “crunchy” again, and you’re wondering what exactly it means? Well, Urban Dictionary defines a crunchy mom as a
“Mother who supports homebirth, breastfeeding, baby wearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, gentle discipline, etc. One who questions established medical authority; tends to be vegetarian and/or prepare all-organic foods.”
I’m a self-proclaimed earth-loving, organic-eating mama myself, and I’ll proudly share the “crunchy” title with all of the other amazing mamas out there who believe in natural living!
Want to find out if you’re crunchy too, and have a little laugh while you’re at it? Check out these other crunchy mom blogger’s ideas of what it means to be a crunchy mom!
You Know You’re a Crunchy Mom if…
“It’s Friday night and you realize you just spent three hours reading cloth diaper reviews.” Rain or Shine Mama
- “You know what family cloth is…”
- “your daughter goes out to the garden to ‘have a snack.'” Rhythms of Play
- “your kids self-treat their chapped lips, scrapes, and skin irritations with a jar of coconut oil from the pantry.” Bren Did
- You have a bucket of veggie scraps sitting by your kitchen sink to take to the compost bin.
- “Your 3-year-old still thinks homemade granola bars are candy.” Rain or Shine Mama
- “Kool Aid is poison.”
So, what do you think? Are you a granola munching mama?
If you’re a fellow crunchy mom, what would you add to the list? We’d love to hear it!